Thursday, May 12, 2011

This girl and her new windows...

Guess who has new windows?  (OK, I will give you a hint - it's me!)

I am so excited to see the new windows go into the project house.  Before, they were aluminum windows.  We could not decide at first if we wanted to replace them or not, but once we considered the way they looked and the efficiency factor, we just had to bite the bullet and do it. 

Most of the windows were straight forward to replace.  However, a few on the front were a little more difficult.  The day we first looked at the house, I said the arched monstrosities in the front were a dealbreaker.  Every time I looked at them, I could just hear the chant in my head:


U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, yeah yeah, you ugly.

..........

So when I pulled up recently after work, and saw the new windows, I almost wept big ol' rubbed oil bronze tears.


Ugly plaster arches no more!  They still have the arched window inserts on order but they will be here soon. 


But, what is already there is 1 gillion-bazillion-trillion percent better.  (One of my closest friends is a math teacher/guru.  She will probably tell me gillion-bazillion-trillion is not a number, but I would have to disagree.)

Yay for windows!


No comments:

Post a Comment