Friday, June 24, 2011

Granite and cinnamon rolls...



First, I have an announcement...

we finished our project of a house!

We are exhausted, tired, worn out, pooped, drained and fatigued.  I would go on, but I am too tired to think of any more synonyms.  I will post pictures of the transformation as we weed through the sea of boxes and try to find some semblance of order.

..........

The one thing I could not wait to do was break in my new kitchen.  And, let's be honest, after hours of cleaning and unpacking, a girl needs some comfort food.

I have wanted granite countertops for like forever.  Not because they are the bees-knees according to everyone else.  Not for the resale value.  Not even because of the way it looks.  For me, it is all about the bread.  I wanted the cool, smooth surface to knead and mix pastries and make treats that would be yummy in the tummy...


 So, it is only fitting that I would break in the counters with sinful pastries.  I should have been cleaning, unpacking, sorting or organizing but, I am a naughty, naughty girl so I made cinnamon rolls instead.  

The dough rolled out nicely and unlike my old crappy laminates, it did not stick.  I can hear the choruses singing- "hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah"


I use the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I have to say that that woman is my hero.  Anyone who can come up with how to make something like this deserves adoration.  After rolling the dough, stuffing it with unspeakable amounts of butter, sugar, and cinnamon you roll, slice and place in the pan.  This is the little lovelies before rising.  


I ignored them for a little while (like long enough to watch a DVR episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey) and they looked much nicer.  However, I was suddenly and inexplicably disappointed they weren't pasta.  Hmmmm... wonder why?
While baking them, I whipped up the icing.  My hero uses maple flavoring and coffee, but I could not pass up a chance to use my yummy vanilla (Heche en Mexico, of course) so I used it instead of the Maple. 


The end result was so yummy that I forgot the whole point of this was to test out the counters. 


Granite. Cinnamon rolls.  Life is yummy.

..........





No comments:

Post a Comment