Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mother's Day and my beautiful baby...

For those of you stumped for inspiration for a personal Mother's Day Gift, I have an idea for you!

..........

I recently had to give my mom a gift, and she is one of those people who are incredibly hard to buy for.  So, I decided to go the DIY route and come up with something that had that personal and handcrafted style to it.

It all started with this photograph...


It is a side profile of one of my sweeties taken on a plain background.  

I then used Photo Shop to create a silhouette of her.  

For you Photo Shop fans, I used the Magic Extractor to separate my baby from the background.  I then layered a dark scrapbook paper over her profile and used a clipping mask to make the dark shadow effect for her face.  Then, I added a patterned scrapbook paper for the background.

It ended up like this after I printed it on photo paper...



I then framed the silhouette in a chunky fabulous frame that looked just like my mom and coordinated with the coloring of my files.


The final product was this... 


It was just one of a set of two.  They looked great as a pair, and I have to tell you my mom was THRILLED!  

..........

For those of you who do not do Photo Shop, you can also do this manually by tracing the profile on dark paper, cutting it out, and attaching it to a background scrapbook paper that you prefer.  I am just a digi kinda girl so I went that route.  

..........

Enjoy, and I hope your mothers enjoy too!











No comments:

Post a Comment