Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowed in...

In the past few days, we have had a serious winter storm in North Texas.  We have had cancelled school, cancelled work, and little to no opportunity to get out of the house.  

Anyone who knows me well, knows that being trapped in my house for four days with nothing but a paintbrush for entertainment is a dangerous, dangerous thing.  So I started out by refinishing this table that I found on Craig's List for $40.  (Yes, I said FORTY dollars!)


When we picked it up, it looked just plain awful... it was several different finishes, drawing on the top, and a mysterious red substance that we are going to pretend was *GUM*.  Any suggestions that it was anything else will be ignored!

So we cleared out the garage, and started sanding.  And then we sanded.  And then sanded some more...



Afterwards, we applied a a unique mix of walnut and oak stain and varnish until we ended up with something we both loved.  I have to say it was worth the sore back and fingertips!


*LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the detail on the side*

Well worth the $40, don't you think?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment