Saturday, February 26, 2011

If you're crafty and you know it...

So this weekend, my entire house has been sick - ugh!  So, I took a break from refinishing furniture, but I could not resist a little bit of organizing...  what a weirdo, huh?!?

So, I tackled a cabinet that we purchased a long time ago.  It has made the rounds in our house, and has temporarily been in every room except the bathrooms.  Today, it made its way to the master bedroom.




See, I am a crafty girl, but what used to be my craft closet has been taken over by Barbies and Zhu Zhu Pets.  So, I had moved all my craft supplies out to a cabinet in the garage.  But, my creativity felt stifled by the absence of paint stained brushes and sewing projects...  So, I decided to turn this confused computer armoire into a craft station...



It now has a handy little area for my sewing machine, thread and other supplies (thanks to my *awesome* hubby who moved the thread holders from a Craigslist sewing cabinet to this one.  We plan to make that sewing cabinet into a computer station for the kids, but more on that later...)



And, it is emberassingly strange how excited I am to have all my paints finally in the same place!  They now reside snugly in one of the drawers...


Also, the shelves on top give lots of storage space for antique pricing guides, how to books, and baskets full of crafting supplies.  My brushes are the most important things to have near-instant access to.


And what would a new arrangement be without a little something quirky... This pig is an ADORED gift from my oldest sister and the perfect place for needles, rulers, and pins that otherwise would be *everywhere*!


Now, if I only had the energy left to go craft something... Oh well, there is always tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment