Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just passing a little time...

This week has been cuh-razy...

We have taken on a new project (and it is a BIGGGGG one!) but more on that later. So, there has been little time for projects, but I did manage to squeeze in one little fun one using this fabulously orange wool yarn that I couldn't resist last time I was at the store.  Isn't it just oh so yummy and cheery?!?


So, I went and pulled out my crochet needles that have only been rarely used since college.  And, yes, I know what you are thinking... and the answer is yes - I was *cool* enough to crochet when I was in college.


And I got to work on a new pattern that I had never used - a big, bulky, fluffy, wonderful flower.  It took a few tries, but I finally got it.


I do have to admit that I could not figure out how to close the center of the flower, but that was nothing a little vintage button could not fix.  Projects like this have a way of keeping you on your toes!

By the way, what do you think of my favorite new little find?  That box was $5 - yes $5! at a flea market lately with my wonderful sister.


After finishing the flower, I sewed up this little pillow that I made out of material that coordinates with my little girls bedding to give it a quirky little pop of color.


So much fun... Where else can I possibly attach one of these suckers because I am totally addicted to making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment